FAQ: Multi-Monitor Visualiser [unsolved]

Article Image
Tags: |

Added On: 8th Jan 08

Links: [site]

Ask the readers: How do you show iTunes visualizer, fullscreen, on two screens?

When using two or more monitors with a single computer, it is not possible, with Windows, to fullscreen the iTunes visualiser without one the second screen becoming completely black.

• This is not an issue when it’s not fullscreened
  • You could ask Apple to implement this into iTunes in future.
  • There’s a workaround for Mac, seen here

Please contribute any solutions in the comments below.

6 Responses to “FAQ: Multi-Monitor Visualiser [unsolved]”

1. dt says:

It can be done, just not sure how.
    I have a dell latitude laptop PC. After spending an afternoon tracking down an update driver for my ATI graphics card (driver I had previously for dual monitors got wiped when I went to Windows XP SP2). When I finally got dual monitors going on laptop, itunes7 visualiser immediately started playing on both screens at same time. Works best however if only on one. What I now want is the controls on one screen and the visualiser on the other. I turned simulataneous visualiser off to improve image performance. Will see if can switch back on and post.

2. dt says:

Turns out my video card driver lets the 2nd monitor be a ‘clone’ of the first, instead of being an extended desktop type display.

3. anon says:

I can do it no problem, might need an app called Ultramon to give you option, but i just set my monitors up in the nvidia control panel to be treated as ‘horizontal span’ instead of clones or dualview. Visuals across both my 24″ dells looks fab. :D

4. Pete says:

does not work for me, on my notebook Compal HEL80 with Nvidia GeForce 7600 (running Vista Premium)… anytime I try to run it fullscreen, the other monitor gets black…. hell I want to run it on one monitor and do some work on the other one…. this really needs a fix from apple imho

5. Maskwa says:

There is a way, takes a while of playing around, but create a playlist, open playlist in second window (not monitor) drag regular window to second screen, open universal access tab for seeing, open Zoom Options, click on Zoom follows the keyboard focus, and only when the pointer reaches an edge. it takes a little setup after that. zoom ur second monitor (main itunes window). and do not close options window just leave it behind ur second itunes window. (playlist) hope this is clear.

6. Livingdog says:

Click and hold Option (Win key) and “+” while in normal view visualizer (not full screen view).
    Move your mouse to desire position…. voila, dual monitor vizzz… and don’t forget, use your iPhone or iPod iTunes remote app … awesome!